Since joining Cavendish Close Junior Academy in January 2018, we have worked collectively to improve the provision for all our pupils giving them every opportunity to succeed now and in the future.
I am extremely proud the progress we have made in particular:
- The significant 24% improvement in Year 6 outcomes for pupils. These improvements mean that we are in-line with national expectations for the first time in the recent history of the school. This is a fantastic achievement and a result of improved curriculum provision. I would like to say personally well done to everyone involved.
- The much improved conduct around the Academy and the positive attitudes to learning in our classrooms. Noticed by all visitors and recently been commented on by the The Police Commissioner and The High Sheriff of Derbyshire.
- The commitment of the staff team, who go their extra mile to ensure the well-being and care of our pupils and provide them with a wide range of curriculum enrichment before school, lunch time and after-school activities.
- The improvements we have made in the quality of teaching which has resulted in quality learning for all pupils.
- The development of the outdoor provision, including the outdoor library and trim trails. which enhances learning and ensured pupils are engaged at playtime and lunchtimes.
- The support we receive from parents to ensure we have a partnership approach to learning.
As we continue on our school journey of development our priorities for the coming year are to improve our curriculum, to implement the Harmony Pledge and maintain and further improve outcomes for all pupils.
We are determined to make our motto BELIEVE — ACHIEVE — SUCCEED a reality for every pupil.