The ACE curriculum through Physical Education
“Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
Aspiration – At Cavendish Close Junior Academy we strive to create opportunities, raise aspirations and positively influence the health and wellbeing of young people through sport and physical activity.
Collaboration – at Cavendish we teach the value of teamwork through our curriculum, sports clubs and team sports. An enjoyable and positive environment, whilst encouraging effective communication, helps build respect and tolerance.
Experience – We believe that positive experiences help build the foundations for an active life. If children and young people have experiences that feel fun, positive and give them a sense of confidence, they’re more likely to want to be active in the future. We give all children the opportunity to represent the school in a wide range of sporting activities and competition.
PE develops pupils' physical competence and confidence and their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities. It promotes skilfulness, physical development and knowledge of the body in action. We hope that through our program of physical activities, children -
- Improve physical fitness
- Develop skill and motor skills
- Gain regular, healthful physical activity
- Develop self-discipline
- Influence moral development, leadership, cooperation with others
- Reduce stress – an outlet for releasing tension and anxiety
- Strengthen peer relationships
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Develop respect for their body, classmates and teammates
- Experience setting goals
- Improve academic achievement
Through all of these, our children are able to become ACE Athletes
Mr M Bowen
Physical Education Lead